Join us at the WBT Showcase
Mind the Gap: University-affiliated Gap Funding Roundtable
October 24th, 1-4PM @ San Diego Convention Center
Develop or partner with a leading translational research, proof of concept, or pre/seed technology or start-up gap fund
The capital gap is real…and growing, especially for developmentally-rigorous, early-stage technologies. Universities and their key innovation partners (high-tech companies, early stage investors, and government agencies) are stepping forward with a solution—gap funding.
We are partnering with the WBT Showcase (See overview of corporations and investors attending) to bring you an exclusive, pre-event on gap funding of early stage technologies and start-ups.
Why You Should Be There
- Our inaugural, on-site gap funding event is structured for maximum info exchange and networking, including insights from 100 funds/Three fund managers on site (more virtual)
- Start with gap funding, and parlay it into a two-day event of new connections with university-interested corporations and investors at the WBT Showcase
- Added bonuses for attendees including free use of our exhibit hall table for your materials, access to additional gap funding resources, exclusive post-roundtable networking event
- Sunny San Diego
Mind the Gap is a first-of-its-kind resource directed at translational research, proof of concept, and start-up gap funds. Join us for our inaugural event that will showcase insights from nearly 100 university-affiliated gap funds (including three fund managers on-site for case examples), including:
- Raising and sustaining gap funds
- Managing the gap fund process
- Cultivating programs that incorporate faculty, students, and members of the business, investment, and technical community
- Realizing fund impact (attracting leverage, ROI, economic development, community-building)
***In addition to the session, participants will gain additional value through:
- A post-workshop networking event at a nearby establishment to continue discussion and network with peers and future partners
- Free to use our exhibit hall table to share materials and resources with other conference attendees
- Stay and network with university-interested corporations and investors at WBT
- Ongoing access to an additional web-program on fund models to share with your program/stakeholders
This roundtable is intended for current/aspiring fund managers and stakeholders from:
- research universities and labs: tech transfer, research parks/centers, corporate and foundation relations
- government agencies: state and federal
- hi-tech companies: corporate technology, venture, or acquisition units
- early-stage investors: venture, angel
Join us for this informative event (and networking) on a truly emerging, innovative practice that you can bring back, champion, and develop at your institution. Be the leader.
Are you a current or aspiring gap fund manager at an international university, lab, or hospital seeking valuable information to drive your program success?
Are you an early-stage investor or corporation identifying creative investment and research activities that can increase competitive engagement with sources of high-tech breakthroughs?
Are you a state or government tech-onomic development agency charged with launching programs to boost economic development, job creation, and technology commercialization?
This session and associated networking are for you! We guarantee that the information and discussion from this event will provide you with a solid platform for gap fund development or partnering.
NOTE: In order to create an intimate atmosphere, we are limiting registration to encourage engaged discussion, ample time for individual challenges, and relationship-building. So, sign up today to guarantee a seat at the table.